I admit, this is something I haven't been particularly good at. My blog has been all over the place completely and quite frankly I've wanted to give up so many times due to a lack of motivation and time, but I'm back and I'm sharing the tips that helped me focus on work and my blog equally, without letting either one slack.
- Always carry a way of taking notes, I find the notes app on my phone great but always transfer everything into my handwritten notes book when I get the chance. I like to see things in my own handwriting, it inspires me to write it more, is that just me?
- Bulk take photos, even if you don't plan to post something for a few weeks, take photos of it. If there's a slight chance you may review it, or you want to feature it on your blog snap some photos of it, it will save time in the long run
- Schedule tweets, I know everyone would love to be able to be active on Twitter 24/7 but the reality is it's impossible, there is no harm in scheduling tweets to bring traffic to your blog whilst your offline
- Do not worry if you have to take a break, it's healthy, it's natural, do not overwork yourself.
- Bulk write blog posts and schedule them, when you have time to sit down and write a few blog posts do it, don't say you'll write it another day because it never happens and you fall in a hole.
- Do not force yourself to write something for the sake of getting a post up, it's not worth it.
- Plan blog posts in advance, make a spreadsheet, jot them down in a diary, planning in advance will stop you from panicking because you know exactly what needs to go up everyday
- Having a set blogging time/day can help get you into a routine, incorporating it into your everyday life.
- Try to blog in a different place to where you work if possible, being in an area where you work can have a reverse effect on your motivation, causing blogging to slack, this obviously reserves to work in a different place to where you blog as I know it's so easy to want to check your blog whilst working and then 3 hours have gone by...
- If you catch a train or bus to work, try and blog on the go. I catch trains a lot and this is where I get most of my blogging done nowadays as a lot of trains have wifi now which is great!
- If blogging gets too much, try to reduce the amount of days you post a week, it can really help.
These tips finally got me out of my bloggers block and helped me sort a schedule! I hope they're helpful for you too.